Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Playing G.I. Joe and stuff...



They taught us some Army stuff...running around with guns, low crawling (that one sucks), high crawl, near and far ambushes. We had to wear our IBA...I think that stands for individual body something? Or integrated ballistic armor or...whatever, anyway the big bulky vests and helmets. And just so you all know, the junk adds a good 35 pounds in these pictures, just wanted to make sure that was clear.  Then they gave us a couple of magazines full of blanks to shoot at each other. NO just kidding! That would be dangerous! (kinda like giving a bunch Air Force power point warriors some guns).  Stone cold killers....




This is the big man doing the low crawl...after the instructor gave some instruction that sounded like this..."how come you're the only one that didn't understand this". To which he said..."I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH"...it's in all caps because of the volume.  None of us could understand him...the instructor.





Then I sort of had a 'moment' with the instructor...he said something about being 'in the circle' so I went outside the circle and he said something about 'outside the cirlce' and I said 'I AM OUTSIDE THE CIRCLE!" And then he said 'inside'...so I said "WHICH IS IT?!?! INSIDE OR OUTSIDE?!!". Again...all capitals for the volume of the exchange. I had earplugs in.

Here are some fat kids rolling around on the ground...all tactical style, don't forget the armor ads 37 pounds in these pictures, and I was wearing gortex pants and jacket OVER my regular ABU's. I did't realize that I looked like Ralphie's little brother from the Christmas Story...




This is the rest of 'Bravo Team' doing some killin'. That is Bravo Team (the big man)  leader closest in the picture.


 


This is more of the boys...Team Alpha. These are guys that are going with us. Some aircrew and some are maintainers.







1 comment: